Please note: The application portal will be unavailable on February 15th for server maintenance. Because of this interruption, we have extended the application deadline to 11:59pm on February 16th. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Welcome to the Maine Coast Semester at Chewonki’s online application. We look forward to reading your application, please let us know if you have any questions.
Your work will be saved as you move from page to page within the online application system. If at any point you wish to leave the application and come back at a later date, you can click the “Save my progress and resume later” button at the top of the screen. You will then be prompted to create a username and password. Please follow the steps below to complete the online process.
- Click “Begin the application” at the bottom of this page to start your online application.
- Required fields are marked with a red asterisk.
- Maine Coast Semester will receive the data exactly as it is entered, so please be careful of spelling, capitalization and punctuation.
- Check your responses on the “Review” page before submitting.
- Once the application is complete, click “Submit”. You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your application has been submitted.
To keep track of your application progress, print the Application Checklist.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (required) – Please download and print two teacher recommendation forms. Fill out the top section and ask two teachers who have taught you in high school to email their letters of recommendation by February 16th.
- Transcript Request and School Report (required) – Please download, print, and sign the transcript request and school report form and give it to your advisor or guidance counselor.
- Financial Aid Application (optional) – A family that intends to apply for financial aid from Maine Coast Semester should fill out the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) online at sss.nais.org. Click here for more information about the financial aid policy at Maine Coast Semester.
The following application pieces are due by February 16
- Application (for both the fall and spring semesters)
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Transcript Request & School Report
- For families applying for Financial Aid, Parent’s Financial Statement
The priority application deadline for fall 2018-spring 2019 has now passed. If you would like to apply for either semester, please contact KC Ford, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid: email@example.com (207) 882-7323.