Misha has taught French, Russian and English for more than twenty years to students of different nationalities, backgrounds and ages in various educational institutions – from public secondary schools and schools of higher education to private schools and colleges- in Ukraine, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA.
He was a scholarship recipient of the National Endowment for the Humanities twice and participated in two summer seminars “Visions of the Dark Years in France” (Paris, Leon, Vichy, Caen), and “Theatricality and Reality in Modern French Drama” (Avignon).
“I have traveled extensively in the USA, Asia, and Europe. Nature has always played a huge part in my life and I have always tried to spend as much time as possible outdoors. I am very much into hiking, meditation, and yoga. I am certified Sierra Club Outings Leader. I have done several meditation retreats at Buddhist monasteries in Northern Thailand and India. I enjoy spending time with my 5-year-old grandson Felix and 3-year-old twin granddaughters Athena and Amelia. and learning from them how to be spontaneous and live in the moment.”
- Equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s and Master of Arts degree in Foreign Languages (English and French) from Kyiv National Linguistic University in Ukraine
- Graduate Advanced Professional Certificate in TESOL from Shenandoah University, VA
- French language and culture courses through Alliance Française in Kyiv, Ukraine and Bangkok, Thailand
- Advanced French language courses at Institut Linguistique du Peyrou in Montpellier, France
- Candidate for the Doctorate degree in Modern Languages (Russian and French) at Middlebury College.